Saturday, August 6, 2016

Baby J is Back!

Some of you may remember last summer when we got a sweet newborn baby girl, Baby J. She stayed with us for almost 4 months, when DSS moved her to live with her grandmother. I loved that sweet baby like my own child, and it was so very hard to let her go. I have stayed in touch with her grandmother over the last 10 months, and she occasionally sent me updates and pictures. It was evident that she was well loved and being cared for, but I missed her so much! 

Monday morning I woke up to a message on my phone asking if I would be willing to take her again. Grandma had too much going on, and was not able to care for her at this time. I could not believe my eyes. I sat there crying like a baby, and waited all morning to get a confirmation from DSS. Finally I got the call, and I picked up my sweet baby girl that afternoon. This week has been exhausting keeping up with an energetic little walker that's into EVERYTHING, but I wouldn't change it for the world. 

She adjusted so well! I don't know if it's possible for her to remember us, but it was like she did. I was concerned about it because at this age, so many children have separation anxiety, and I thought leaving her grandmother, who stayed with her and cared for her 24/7 would be extremely hard on her. But she is as happy as can be. She is sweet, loves to snuggle, and laughs and giggles all the time. She loves the cat, loves to go swimming, and loves to play outside. The boys have had a blast taking care of her too. We have been scrambling to baby proof the house, because if she can get into it, she will. 

As far as how long she will be staying with us, we can't say. I wish I knew, but I know God has a plan for her, and I am just enjoying every minute that I have with her. Please pray for her family. They are going through so much right now, especially grandma. She had a very hard time giving her up, but because of her current situation, she knew she just couldn't give her what she needed, and made a very selfless decision. I've had a few chances to share the gospel with her. Please pray that God would use that, and that there would be more opportunities, and that she would be saved through this. 

People are looking at me like I'm crazy when I'm out in public with 3 kids, one being a baby, and obviously quite pregnant, but hey, I don't care! I love the craziness of it all. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment