Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Another Ending

If you've followed my blog and our story at all, you would know that I'm terrible about regular updates. Life can be so busy sometimes, and I realize I haven't written in weeks, or even months! Sometimes the subject is hard and I just don't know what to say. That's probably more the case here. Last I wrote, K was with us for about three months. We ended up having her for about six months total. She left us about six weeks ago. I think part of my reason for not writing was because I had some guilt about things not working out, and also partly because I didn't want to discourage anyone thinking about fostering. But the reality is that some of these kids are going to be really tough, some of them you can't help, and some of them just don't fit with your family.

Things went great for the first few months, and then it started to go down hill. We had issues that we couldn't seem to resolve, and only seemed to be getting worse, and we felt like she might benefit from being an only child. It was a tough choice, but one we felt would be easier made sooner than later. I still pray for her and that she would remember the things she learned with us, and the things she learned in church, and that things would work out for her. 

If you are considering fostering or adopting, know that these children are going to have some issues, and make sure you get the training to know how to deal with those issues. It is so important. I wish we could have helped her more, but I know that God had his reasons for her brief time with us, and I pray the seeds that we planted would grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment