Thursday, November 26, 2015

Love Letter

   Today is Thanksgiving, and I am so very thankful! I'm thankful for my God who knows the plans He has for us. I'm thankful for my family, and I am so incredibly blessed to spend life with them! I'm thankful for so many things, but I'm not going to list them all, because I want time to eat some turkey! 

   Last night I received a love letter that melted my heart! Here's what it said:

Dear Anna,
I love you so much. Honestly I consider you my one and only mom! Every time I look at you, I smile because I think of you being my mom, forever and ever! So the reason I am writing you is because you are totally deserving a couple comments for your very hard work. So remember what ever happens I will always love you, so very MUCH!!!!!


   We've had K for just over 2 weeks now, and things are going amazing! Sure, there's been some adjusting, new family, new rules, but she is fitting in so well, and we love her so much! She is a daddy's girl, which Cory loves! She has called us "mommy and daddy" several times, and I think she's trying it out, seeing how it feels.

   She is not legally free yet, but they are starting that process, and her social worker said she did not forsee any issues popping up. She's been in foster care for quite a while, so any family that would have been interested has already come forward and has not worked out. I believe this is really it! I believe we are her forever family, and I think she's trying to tell us she thinks that too! ❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment