Sunday, October 27, 2013

My dad is cooler than your dad!

Some of you know my dad, and that he's, well, awesome! You should have seen him whip up--I mean, help me with my science projects that I forgot about until the night before. Once I had to create a lighthouse, and we made one that was so real looking, and then he took a flash light magnifying glass and rigged it up so that the lighthouse lit up. Needless to say, I got an A+ on that. I've never met anyone else quite like him, someone who can take scraps and a neat idea, and literally make something that would blow your mind. He can do anything!
And he's a carpenter! Now, I have to say that it is SO convenient to have a dad that can build anything! I take advantage--I mean, he's so nice to come do stuff for me! Some of you might have seen our garage that he turned into a playroom about three years ago.
 
Before. Look at how handsome he is!

After
The cabinet on the left side there is a pull down bed. Absolutely my favorite part, perfect for guests.

Well, after 10 months of nagging, uh, I mean, sweetly reminding, he came over on Saturday and made my dream closet for the baby's room. I am so excited about it. When I was getting the room ready, I ripped out all the wire rack shelves because I can't stand them. Check out the new closet!



I love it! He's not quite finished yet. He's going to add some shelves on the sides. But I just had to share. 

I also want to give a quick shout out to my sweet sister and her hubs, Alison and Gabe, for coming out and spending the day power washing my house. I am so blessed to have such a loving family! I honestly took that for granted as a kid, thinking all families loved each other, got along really great, were always willing to help each other out, and just genuinely enjoyed spending time together. But then I remember so many of my friends, who would spend time with us as a family, would always say, "Wow, your family is so great, and you guys are so close! I wish my family was like that." Just another one of God's blessings! 

So to my family, I love you all so much, and thank you guys for your unending love, support, encouragement, and reliability. You guys are the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment