Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sew happy!

I've been stockpiling fabric ever since I made the bedding and got hooked on sewing. It's something about making it yourself, it's so much better than shopping! I've been staring at my pile for a while, and everytime I sat down to make something, I'd browse the web for three hours trying to get an idea, then give up because it was past my bedtime. 

Well, I'm pleased to announce that I finally made something! I made a little dress. It is incredibly cute! I know it looks kind of orange in the picture, but its more like a coral/melon pink. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and just wanted to share. 

We still haven't heard anything, but I've been spending my time trying to learn how those crazy couponers get diapers for crazy low prices. The best I've managed is $4.50 for a small pack. Not a bad deal, but still not free. I think they get a coupon for, let's say, mustard that's on sale for $1, but the coupon says $2 off, and so the store actually pays them to take the mustard. So they get a billion mustard coupons, and buy a billion bottles of mustard, and the rest of their groceries end up being covered by that. I don't really have a need for a billion bottles of mustard, and I don't want to go around stealing newspapers out of driveways so I can get multiple coupons. I'll just have to be content with my $4 diapers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment