Monday, October 29, 2012

Home Study Final Draft

We finally received our final draft of our home study today. We reviewed it, made a couple corrections, and I'm mailing it back tomorrow. Once the changes are made an the board approves it, we are officially waiting!
I hope our family book comes in soon. Not that I'll get to see it really, but that's what the social workers show off.

Sunday afternoon we went to visit some friends who had their baby girl last week. Holding that sweet little newborn made me so impatient. As we were pulling up to the house, talking with the boys about how everyone is probably tired so we need to be quiet, etc. Ryland asks, "But when are we going to get OUR baby sister?" I wish I could give him an answer. Chase didn't seem as interested in the baby as he was his friend and toys, but Ryland just thought she was something else. He kept grinning and rubbing her head, and wanting to look at her itty bitty feet. He just can't wait.

I just remembered something funny that had happened. A little while back when the boys were having their checkups, we had to fill out the adoption physical forms, so we were talking with the pediatrician about the adoption. She has two bio sons had actually adopted a little girl from China the previous year. She was telling us all about her and how her brothers just loved her so much and just "eat her up!" I hear Ryland's breath just catch, and he turns and whispers in my ear, "Mommy, we can not eat our baby sister!" It was so funny. Kids really do take us so literally. My Aunt is always talking about how she remembers things people used to say to her when she was little and used to scare her to death. She said her dad's friend used to say he was going to buy her from her daddy. We do have some crazy expressions and there's no telling what sorts of things are going through their heads.


No comments:

Post a Comment