Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chase's Pillow

So I started on my quilt for the baby bedding a couple days ago. There is so much cutting and sewing, I was only doing little bits at a time. This afternoon, I was working on it and Chase came in and started asking about how the sewing machine worked, so I started to explain it to him. Then he wanted to try it, so I cut a couple of scraps for him to sew and walked him through it, and he actually did a really good job! I took my machine back over and he started complaining that he wanted to do more, so I suggested he make a pillow. He picked the pattern, the fabric, and the size. I did the cutting, and talked him through it, but he made the whole thing himself. The only sewing I did was the edge stitching  not because he couldn't, but because we didn't have enough time if he was going to finish it in time for show and tell tomorrow. I was so proud of him!
                                 Here he is putting the squares together and lining them up carefully.
                                                               Sewing the pieces together.
 After sewing all the squares together.  He really did a fantastic job. The edges aren't completely straight, but come on, he's 7!
And the finished pillow. This took him about 2 hours to do, and I was surprised he didn't get bored, especially because it's so repetitive, but he was determined that he wanted to make a pillow for baby sister. This set is really turning out to be very special. I just had to be "that mom" and brag for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment